Your sonic playground includes all the extras
Two Precision Analog VCOs
- VCO A is Thru-zero FM-ready with a dedicated Index VCA, Sub Oscillator, PWM and Soft/hard sync.
- VCO B is a combo VCO/LFO with 4 simultaneous outputs
Six Channel Waveform Mixer
- Two patchable (normalled) inputs
- Noise generator with multiple algorithms.
- Optional asymmetric soft clipping on the mix output.
Liquid-Sounding, Cascaded 4-Pole Multimode Filter
- Eight Modes: LP1, LP2, LP4, BP2, BP4, HP4, NT2, Phazor.
- Additional dedicated outputs for LP4 and HP4.
- Input Level Knob for fine control of filter input and resonance balance and added drive.
- Multiple FM inputs and a QM input, all with attenuators.
- West Coast-style parallel wavefolder.
- Normalled into the auxiliary input on the VCA in parallel with the filter.
Dual Digital Envelopes
- ENV A is a versatile east coast style ADSR / AHDSR envelope generator with a hold function and dynamic level/time control. Normalled to the VCA to instantly shape your sound.
- ENV B is a complex, multimode function generator with a West Coast style AR/ASR/Cycling AR, a beat syncable LFO, and Burst generator modes. Normalled to the filter for instant FM without patching.
VCA A and Output Path
- VCA A is a linear VCA with auxiliary input.
- Global Output Mixer with overdrive circuit and bypassable asymmetric soft clipping.
Expansive Utilities Sections
The Utility Row
- Sample and hold circuit with white noise normalled to the input.
- Slew/Envelope follower.
- Attenuverter/Mixer with multiple outputs.
- Triple triangle LFO with rate control, rate input and divided outputs.
- Triple buffered multiple.
- Precision adder.
- Signal inverter.
- Bi-polar > Unity level shifter.
- Expression level control for modulation the TRS expression input on an FX pedal.
- Ring Modulator.
- VCA B / LPF (LPG) — Auxiliary VCA and 4-Pole Diode Ladder VCF combination for additional dynamics.
The Top Row
- Easy to access Pitch, Gate, and Velocity CV inputs.
- Pedal Send and Return FX loop with Wet/Dry control, phase inverter and Line/Pedal level switches.
- Output Mixer with Overdrive.
- Eurorack Level Main output with level control for interfacing with other modular gear.
The Outside world — MIDI, Pedal and Audio I/O
- ¼” Stereo Headphone jack.
- ¼” Balanced Output Jack.
- ¼” Balanced Input routed to a slider and output on the main panel for patching anywhere into Cascadia.
- ¼” TS Pedal FX Send Return and ¼” TRS Expression Out.
- MIDI DIN In/Out/Thru and USB-MIDI all routed to the MIDI > CV Interface on the top panel.
MIDI > CV Interface
- MIDI Pitch / Velocity Outputs and Learn Button
- MIDI Gate / Trig Outputs
- MIDI CC / Mod — Learnable and assignable to any CC on any Channel
- MIDI LFO — Multimode LFO synced with MIDI or Tap Clock
- MIDI CLK — Dividable MIDI clock with alternate Tap Clock functionality.
Cascadia comes ready to play.
Expand and Customize
Specs + Downloads
Cascadia also features a whole host of utilities for getting the most out of your patches.
Cascadia is equipped with a ton of I/O to get it connected to the rest of your gear.
Deeper MIDI configuration is available with our Intelljel Config App (link below).
The normalization behind the panel allows for a ton of exploration without ever adding a patch cable; there is years of material to explore in Cascadia and years more when you start patching. We’ve included everything you need to get started: 14 assorted patch cables, USB-A to USB-C cable, and an international power supply.
In addition to additional patch cables, we have additional options for swapping the wooden cheeks for metal side cheeks or a rackmount kit with a storage tray—great for an effects pedal or patch cables.