After the successful release of the EF-X2, the EF-X3R is the latest offering in Echo Fix’s line of
tape delays. Built by the same team to the highest quality, this new machine includes many of
our most requested features and builds on the momentum and trust gained after 3 years of
making the EF-X2.
One difference is that the new model comes with an Analog BBD (Bucket Brigade Device)
Chorus & Analog Spring Reverb, so the EF-X3R boasts a 100% analog signal path.
„Direct Head Outputs“ allows for individual outputs for each head offer flexibility never-before-
seen in a tape echo, with the ability to achieve a classic Stereo Ping-Pong delay effect by
panning each head externally.
The new „auto tape stop“ circuit extends tape life and thus creates unmatched reliability.
At Echo Fix the same team is keeping tape echos alive for 15 years now. Making their own
models let the standards only rise. Rest assured that this machine will be the most capable,
reliable tape echo on the market, supported by a team with some of the best customer service
in the industry.
If you’ve been in a room with an Echo Fix device, you’ll know what is meant by this. Used as an
effect, they simply make everything sound better. But turn up the echo volume, dial in some
feed-back and watch as our unit self-oscillates into life and becomes an instrument more than
an effect. The EF-X3R will change the way you make music.
• 19" 3RU Rack Mountable with sliding drawer system for easy tape replacement
• Two front Panel colour options - Silver or Black
• Direct playback head outputs allowing for external panning for stereo ping pong delays from
a mono source.
• Analog BBD Chorus with rate and depth controls
• Analog Spring Reverb
• Independent Sound-on-Sound switching for longer delay time
• Direct WET output at rear for Reverb/Chorus
• Balanced Input and Output at rear
• Auto tape stop when no audio signal present to extend tape and motor life (there is a switch
at the rear to disable this feature).
• CV Control for Motor Speed and Feedback level (0-5v)
• Bass and Treble Controls (Echo Signal)
• Vintage Guitar/Line FET Preamp (Front Panel)
• High / Low Output level switch (Front Panel Output)
• Four echo playback heads (including Sound-on-Sound head).
• Adjust the echo's Time and Feedback with Control Voltages (CV 0-5 volts) and compatible
• Motor ON/Switch for tape slow down effect.
• Tape Speed - 4 IPS to 15 IPS
• Mute the reverb, echo and chorus signal via remote foot switches.
• Comes with a worldwide-compatible, 100 - 240V power supply (no step-down or other
• Built tough to last, by a company that repaired and upgraded more tape echo units than you
can possibly imagine!
• High quality scratch resistant front panel.
• 2 Tape loops supplied with each unit.
Head Mode Settings:
• Mode 1 - Head 1
• Mode 2 - Head 2
• Mode 3 - Head 3
• Mode 4 - Head 1 + 2
• Mode 5 - Head 2 + 3
• Mode 6 - Head 1 + 3
• Mode 7 - Head 1 + 2 + 3
Sound On Sound is another head that can be switched on over the top of all the head mode
settings or you can use the SOS head independently.
Dimensions including rubber feet and hardware:
Weight: 12 kg