Serious analog sound for FireWire-equipped
Macs and PCs
A simple FireWire connection is all it takes to plug your Mac or PC into the world’s finest analog hardware emulations. The UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerators offer full access to UAD Powered Plug-Ins, including exclusive titles from Studer, Ampex, Lexicon, Neve, Manley, Roland, SSL and more.
UAD-2 Satellite packages feature a sleek, ultra-portable FireWire 800-based processing unit, plus the Analog Classics plug-in bundle (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX 64), giving you massive analog character, right out of the box.
- Run UAD Powered Plug-Ins via FireWire 800 connection
- Access over 90 plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Roland, Studer, Neve, Manley, SSL, EMT, Empirical Labs, MXR and more (sold separately)
- Includes FireWire DSP Accelerator, plus a choice of Core or Custom plug-in packages
- Gives native systems a DSP boost for running larger mixes
- Includes Analog Classics or Analog Classics Plus bundles featuring Legacy editions of LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN/SE Classic Limiting Amplifiers, Pultec Pro EQs, Realverb Pro, UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ (Plus only), and Fairchild 670 (Plus only) plug-ins
- Combine with other UAD-2 devices, including UAD-2 PCIe card(s), and Apollo audio interfaces
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, and more
From serious home recordists to multi-platinum mix engineers, UAD Powered Plug-Ins are integral tools for audio professionals. The reason is simple. No other plug-ins faithfully capture the sound and behavior of classic analog equipment — whether it's boutique compressors and EQs, or vintage reverbs and tape machines.
The UAD library features over 90 plug-ins, co-developed with the biggest brands in audio. These plug-ins can be purchased with UAD-2 hardware from retailers as part of bundled packages, or à la carte from
UA’s Online Store.
Featuring four individual Analog Devices SHARC processors, the UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerator's outboard processing “supercharges” your host computer — letting you run larger mixes, filled with rich, sonically complex plug-ins.
The UAD-2 Satellite can be integrated alongside UAD-2 PCIe DSP Accelerator cards and the UAD Apollo interface, for truly scalable mixing power. And because it’s portable, the UAD-2 Satellite lets you travel with your UAD plug-ins, wherever you mix on a FireWire-equipped Mac or PC.
* The DUO Custom package includes The Analog Classics bundle, plus it lets you pick any three individual UAD plug-ins at registration.
** The QUAD Custom package includes The Analog Classics Plus bundle, plus it lets you pick any three individual UAD plug-ins at registration.
Interested in running UAD-2 plug-ins over PCIe? Compare UAD-2 PCIe DSP Accelerators here.