The Cooper FX 'Generation Loss' card is made for the Arcades console pedal. Simply plug it in, and you'll have access to eight tone-warping sounds: W+F, Fidlity, Comboa, Combob, Vhsdly, Vintage, Cdskip and Radio.
8 Tone-Warping Timbres
- 1. W+F – Wow and flutter patch, this one focuses on the phenomenal W+F often found in magnetic media-like tapes. 'Wow' describes low frequency pitch variations (like a vibrato in guitar terms). 'Flutter' describes high-frequency pitch jumps and really creates the sound of garbled tape.
- 2. Fidlity – The fidelity side of generation loss. Filtering, noise and sample rate reduction are key here.
- 3. Comboa – Combining the wow and flutter characteristics from the 'W+F' patch with the filtering options from the 'Fidlity' patch gets you a pretty nice-sounding vhs emulation.
- 4. Combob – The second combination, Combob, is the closest to the original generation loss.
- 5. Vhsdly – A vhs-inspired delay.
- 6. Vintage – Vintage time capsule!
- 7. Cdskip – Recreates the sound of a CD skipping.
- 8. Radio – An attempt to simulate the sound of a bad radio signal.