Behringer Odyssey Analog SynthesizerAn ultra-affordable homage to the legendary ARP* synthesizer of the ’70s and beyond with all the features of the original and then some including: dual VCOs; 32-step sequencer with onboard storage; arpeggiator and world-class Klark Teknik FX that boast reverb, chorus, flanger, delay, pitch shifter and multi-effects, the ODYSSEY lets you conjure up virtually any sound with incredible finesse and ease. With its 37 semi-weighted full-size keys, pure analog signal path based on authentic VCO, VCF and VCA designs from the ’70s, the ODYSSEY is sure to become your favorite keyboard. Owning the Behringer ODYSSEY is like having your own personal time machine, enabling you to embrace the past – or make your imprint on the future!
True to the OriginalGreat care has been taken in engineering the ODYSSEY, including the true to the original analog circuitry, legendary VCO, VCF and VCA designs, all of which combine to make it easy to recreate the classic sound performance. This highly-focused attention to detail is what gives the ODYSSEY its ultra-flexible sound shaping capability, which covers everything from super-fat bass and lead tones to stunning effects – and all the way out to the otherworldly sounds of your imagination.
Big, Fat TonesThe inspired synthesizer tracks laid down in the 1970s are etched in the annals of progressive rock, disco and synth-pop music forever, making them truly classic in every sense of the word. The ODYSSEY lets you recreate all of that magic – or design incredibly fat and original sounds that will make you a legend in your own right!
Versatile OscillatorsODYSSEY’s 2 voices are the product of dual analog Voltage Controlled Oscillators (VCOs), which each provide your choice of: sawtooth, square/pulse with pulse-width modulation, or sine/square wave LFO for sculpting the perfect sound. This amazing flexibility gives you the tools needed to be your creative best.
Versatile VCFThe very heart of ODYSSEY’s sound is its highly-flexible Voltage Control Filter (VCF), which includes faders for: Frequency; Resonance (0 to self-oscillation); and High Pass Filter (HPF) Cutoff Frequency. A feature missing from the original is a new 3-position switch, which lets you choose the VCF filter you prefer from all 3 iterations of the famous synth: 2-pole MKI (4023); 4-pole MKII (4035); and 4-pole MKIII (4075), plus a Drive switch to add a touch of edge to your sound.
The Envelope, Please...ODYSSEY features two easy-to-use Envelope Generators, AR (Attack and Release) and ADSR (Attack, Decay, Sustain and Release) with 2 and 4 faders, respectively to help you craft incredible sounds. Switches are provided for ADSR Gate/LFO Repeat, AR Gate/LFO Repeat or thirdly, Keyboard Repeat/Auto Repeat – which provides a wide range of performance options.
Onboard Sequencer & ArpeggiatorODYSSEY’s sequencer allows you to program up to 32 steps of notes and rests and save them as a pattern. You can record, save and recall up to 64 patterns, all of which can be stored in the 8 banks, each holding up to 8 patterns. Your sequences can be played either in Keyboard mode, where you create and store the pattern, or in Step mode, which allows you to interact while composing the pattern. The onboard Arpeggiator features 8 patterns (you can use just by playing a chord, which the arpeggiator then sequences through your selected pattern. Both the sequencer and arpeggiator in the ODYSSEY are fun, mesmerizing and totally addictive...
Klark Teknik – The Reverb that Made HistoryKlark Teknik is recognized worldwide as one of the most prestigious British audio companies, with a 40 plus-year pedigree, and even a TEC Lifetime Achievement Award to back it up. The Company has designed and manufactured products for world-class artists, and their legendary DN780 reverb processor is considered by leading audio engineers around the world as the industry standard.
- Authentic mono/duo-phonic synthesizer with 2 true analog oscillators for insanely fat sounds
- 37 semi-weighted full-size keys featuring velocity functionality
- Pure analog signal path based on legendary VCO, VCF and VCA designs from the ‘70s
- 2 voices with sawtooth, square/pulse with pulse-width modulation and sine/square wave LFO
- 3-way VCF modes: 2-pole MKI (4023), 4-pole MKII (4035) and 4-pole MKIII (4075)
- Easy-to-use 32-step sequencer with 64 sequence locations
- Arpeggiator with wide patterns for great sound effects
- World-class Klark Teknik FX including reverb, chorus, flanger, delay, pitch shifter and multi-effects
- 35 sliders and 25 switches to give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- 3 pressure-sensitive buttons for pitch and modulation control provide total hands-on performance
- Powerful pink/white noise generator with sample & hold plus lag processor
- Comprehensive USB/Midi implementation for connection to keyboard/sequencers
- 3-Year Warranty Program
- Designed and engineered in the U.K