The USB Pad Controller with a Built-in Step Sequencer!
Since the Arturia BeatStep functions as both a USB MIDI controller and a 16-step sequencer, it serves double duty in the studio and on stage, allowing you to trigger your clips and virtual instruments, tap out rhythms with drums from your favorite CV- or MIDI-equipped synths and modules, sequence your own patterns, control your studio gear, and much more. This creative tool will help keep you on beat and on key, whether you use it with software or hardware.
Make Beats and Tweak Effects With 16 Knobs and 16 Pads
This portable pad controller's 16 performance pads and 16 encoders should keep your hands busy during live sets and recording sessions. Tweak the assignable encoders for real-time control of virtual instrument parameters, and tap on the velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads for instant expression. When you get to a good place in your music, let the BeatStep remember your moves; it can save up to 16 custom setups.
If you're a DJ, you'll want to use Arturia's BeatStep alongside your other control surfaces to launch samples and perform with effects from your main DJ software or DAW.
As a 16-step analog sequencer, the BeatStep makes it easy to generate and send musical phrases to analog synthesizers, MIDI drum machines, MIDI keyboard devices, or computer programs. You can even interface BeatStep with a computer or iPad via either USB, a drum module using MIDI, or an analog synth with CV/Gate.
See and hear the BeatStep in action with this video:
Myriad Control Options
As a controller, the BeatStep offers exceptionally easy ways to send MIDI messages and control changes to your hardware gear and workstations. Thanks to MIDI Control Center software included with the BeatStep, mapping and editing parameters is pretty simple, too. Each of the 16 pads can be individually set to be used for note generation, MIDI CC messages, or program change messages.
USB- and MIDI-Ready
The BeatStep sports USB class-compliant I/O for use with a laptop or iPad (using a camera connection kit), making it a no-brainer for controlling the transport on your DAW, sequencing in plug-ins, and so forth. A MIDI output lets you use the BeatStep to control drum modules, MIDI-equipped synths, and whatever other instruments you have in tow.
- USB MIDI controller and 16-step sequencer
- 16 velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads
- 16 endless rotary encoders
- Backlit pads illuminate in blue, red, and purple
- 16 MIDI Controller presets
- 16 sequences, up to 16 steps each
- MIDI Control Center editor software lets you edit presets and export sequences
- Internal and External clocking
- CV/Gate outputs
- USB I/O
- MIDI output
- Transports can send MIDI CC or MMC
- Kensington Lock
- USB Class compliant (no drivers)
- iPad compatibility (using camera connection kit)
- Standalone MIDI or CV operation when powered via standard USB power adapter
- 16 backlit pads
- Red = Control mode
- Blue = SEQ mode
- Velocity- and pressure-sensitive
- 16 assignable encoders with 2 modes
- MIDI CC
- Transport controls
- Send MIDI clock with Start/Stop (internal sync)
- Send MMC Play and Stop messages
- Data Encoder
- Volume MIDI CC#7 – Control Mode
- Rate – in Sequence mode
- Sequence Transpose – SHIFT + Data Encoder
- Kensington Lock port
- 16 user presets
- Multiple pad modes
- Note data
- MIDI CC data
- Program Change with Bank Select <